Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sweet Dreams

This week was my first week back to work after being gone on maternity leave. My job is wonderful, they allowed me to have such an extended leave for six months... they were so generous to our family to let me have off that long! On Sunday night I was so worried, and couldn't sleep much.. I was excited for what the new day was to bring, almost like going to school on the first day... but nervous that I would be sad about not spending as much time with Jackson. But like I always do I work myself up for nothing only to realize that things always turn out well! Working today made me realize how lucky I am to have the job I have. Not every mom gets to have a career and be just steps from her baby, so thank you God for giving me this opportunity to flourish in both my job and motherhood! Daddy is having to work late tonight and I couldn't help but think about how much he gives up to provide for our family. So Daddy here are some sweet pictures to help you get through this late night at work. We are doing the right thing for our family, it might mean a few work trips to California for me and some late nights for you at the office, but it's all for this little guy! xoxo



3 comments:

Becca said...

Aww looks like Jackson has an adorable nursery! He is so sweet in his little fleece jammies! I need to get some pictures of my guy sleeping...it's been too long.

Rainbow said...

Aww I know what you mean. Our daddy is gone ALL THE TIME so he reads the bloggy from his computer at work and feels as though he is right there with us. It is also amazing what daddys and mommys do for their children. Your guys are great parents !!! Baby Jack looks so peaceful sleeping :)

Carl&JulieFamilySite said...

His nursery is so gorgeous and whimsical! Even his jammies match! I love the crown molding corners, too!