Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Splashes, Seersucker & Spills

If you live inside the loop and are in need of swim lessons I can't say enough wonderful things about St. Street Swim. Chad and his team of wonderful coaches are the most patient and loving group of people in the water this side of town! We have moved from Thursdays with Coco to Tuesdays with Veronica, both of which are such great teachers. While this could easily be a task for Nelvi to take Jack to swim lessons especially now that I don't have to go in the water ... I just won't give up my 30 minutes to watch him in the water. It's so much fun watching his little legs kick and his little arms flap around..all while then looking up at me and smiling as if he was saying "did you see me do that, Mom?!?" 

I took the camera with me in the observation area and snapped a few pictures of his lesson today. 

He is improving his water kicks each week!

 He has been doing this for a while now but I just love watching him do this. Veronica puts him on the edge of the pool and tosses him in, he then has to find his way to the edge while he is fully under water...

 ..his little hand pops up...
 ..and he searches for the edge to pull himself up!

 Here is swimming with assistance from the base deck to the pool stairs under water..and trying to keep his arms in front of him.
 This is not his favorite thing to do, but he has gotten so much better at floating on his back!


a little wave from my big fish!

I found one of Jacks Easter outfits and of course had to try it on, we have a little room in it, but that's ok we have a few months :) I love seersucker and anything with a bow tie....so darling!
 and I had to add this picture of him dancing... he cracks me up on a daily basis and if he doesn't look like his Daddy here ...omg!
 And last set of pictures ....
My mom got Jack potty treats, so that he can have ONE if he tries, TWO if he goes teetee and THREE for the other. Sad to report that he usually one gets one and he has figured out if he just sits down really quick he thinks that's "trying" and that should surely get him "just one candy" as he says. lol
But apparently one just wasn't enough today..
So while I was getting ready for the gym I heard a loud crash and ran into the bathroom where I saw this...
he had gotten on top of his potty to reach up to get more which ended in them all over the floor...
which of course lots of tears ensued "oh no my candy" was repeated over and over ...
I told him we couldn't eat the candy off the floor after he tried to scoop them up with his little hands... 
It was fun. 
Oh the life of a two year old!





Photobucket

4 comments:

Mandell said...

I'm going to steal Jack and take him to swim lessons! SOO cute!

Kristyn said...

This makes me happy! Question! Henry is on the list to start in August, and I am already scratching my head trying to figure out what kind of swimsuit Mommy wears? Help!

The Crazy Castros said...

Cracking up laughing about the dance picture;) love it!!

Deidra said...

I have to know where you purchased the Easter outfit? I thought I was the only one that was looking already ready. Glad to see that I am not.