Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Being a mom has given me an entire new reason to smile, I had it good before, but the past two years have been the most amazing years of my life! I love this quote and it couldn't be more true for me...

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.  She never existed before.  The woman existed, but the mother, never.  A mother is something absolutely new.  ~Rajneesh


This weekend we were busy, but when are we not? :) 

We had my mother and grandmother over for breakfast tacos and donuts on Saturday morning. Mom was so thoughtful putting together a basket that had stuff I could eat on my diet. Awesome!

 

We then decided to head over to the Children's Museum and show my grandmother all the fun to be had... I'm certain this made her day, it made me smile watching her smile! 





On Sunday I got to sleep in while my boys made me  breakfast, note Kevin went out at midnight to get bagel thins so that I could have a little more to my breakfast. So sweet! I ate in bed and watched the news, sad to say I'm not sure when I last watched the Morning Show, which I love. So that was a total treat!
who knew I could get excited over fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and watching the news :)
And my little munchkin put together such a loving card and the present that followed was fabulous!

We played with our new train table, I like to share the celebration of Mother's Day, because I wouldn't be a Mom without this little guy! 
We packed up Daddy's office...yes it's official Kev is going in house and we couldn't be more excited and proud of his new adventures that he will start in June.



Then we went to play in the water at Herman Park
  ...doing what I love most...hanging out with my favorite two guys!


I think it's a shoe in for best weekend! 







Photobucket

3 comments:

Jane said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! You look FAB, I love your necklace (I have to have one) and it looks like a perfect weekend!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Only thing that could have made it more perfect is if you had been in WI celebrating Derek and Jamie's wedding with all of us! Looks like y'all had a great time! We missed you!

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

You had a great weekend and you deserve it! What all did your mom put in your basket?