Saturday, July 10, 2010

Whale of a time.....What a weekend!

Jackson's 1st birthday party weekend was full of so much excitement! Friday Grandpa arrived from Florida and was attached at the hip to Jack. They had so much fun together and it was so sweet to see them together again!

All that lovin' wore this little boy out!
Then it was on to party mode!! Everything was PERFECT! There was not a rain cloud it sight and every detail just fit right into place. Here are the invitations that each guest received.



I had this banner made and it worked great in our fountain niche
I found this life ring and took out the mirror in the middle and replaced it with coral seersucker /Jacks monogram. I think it turned out really cute for the front door!
I ran into pottery barn one afternoon and noticed something like this, so I purchased the candles and top sand from them and put it in my own outdoor container!
Nelvi our amazing Nanny came over to help and I couldn't have had this party without her!
Look at our handsome birthday boy!!! He was trying to figure out why all these people were in his house!
Walllla, it all came together!! I had Resha with Something to Celebrate help me put all the decor up and give me ideas on where to place everything I had purchased. It turned out to be the perfect layout!! In the den we had the food area, love it :)

Perfectly nautical!
Seersucker banners with glitter glass letters turned out so cute!
My favorite was the beverage station that I put together... I did not want to take it down! Yup I made each one of these sweet glittered monogramed flag pennants for the straws! It would not be a party of mine without custom water bottles, we took his month pictures and put each one on a watter bottle. oh and while you have a glass of tea ..please take a fan!
Plastic-ware caddy turned out really cute!
Hand stamped monogram ribbon... can you tell I love monograms? :) I used all white flowers..Fresha, B.Breath and Hydrangia (not pictured) The tables in the living area had glittered glass whales tucked in seersucker "water"
I found these sweet nautical favor bags and stuffed them with lots of fun!
Sailor hats for the kids ...and as you shall see some adults :)
I even re did our bookshelf to fit in with the party, I think it turned out cute. ha ha the bottom shelves are always bare because a certain little guy around out house :)

Glittered whales everywhere!
Crepe rounds tied with seersucker on vases that had hydrangea in them (took the picture before I put the flowers in it) . The crepe had mini banners that said Happy Birthday Jackson or Whale of a Time ...some also had mini whales!
More banners
Navy, light blue and aqua tissue poms Up close of the crepe rounds
Koozies for the beer! Our friend Sarah custom designed the blue whale!
Oh the cake!!! Hands down the best tasting cake. White cake moistened with tres leches and oreo cookie center. I know so many people had two slices...I don't blame them! DELISH!!!
Pretty darn cute too! I painted this shell and dusted with fine glitter to tie in the navy on the cake.

Jacks mini cake..yum!

My sister in law made the cutest whale cookies and they tasted sooooooooo good!
Jacksons sweet birthday clothes
Swim trunksMommy had to join in the fun of finding the perfect outfit!


Outdoor water play for the kids
The kids loved the Pirate Bay Splash Pad!



Jack was all over this bounce gym!

After water play it was time for cake....yummy!
Birthday boy did not get to wear this hat, but that's ok it looked cute on Mommy :)
Jack did pretty well with a ton of people watching him eat :)


His highchair skirt which I made of coral seersucker with glittered letters and needlepoint nautical buttons was just perfect... I hope the photographer got a better picture than I did :)
I hired Daniel Hiersh and he was always there on point! We cant wait to see the pictures in a few weeks and share them with you :) The birthday boy finally ran out of steam, he just had toooooo much fun!
Jack with his GodparentsThe next morning we opened up gifts and loved that Jack was able to take the time to explore each one! Some even found whale cards! How fun :) What generous friends & family we have!Grandpa and Jack saying THANK YOU for all my wonderful gifts!Baby boy cleaned up and started playing with all of his toys
Rudys BBQ , glittered straws and World Cup the next day was the perfect lunch :)
Dad thank you so much for all your help - we are sad you had to leave but we sure did have such a great time!!
High five to one amazing weekend!



Well folks that's it... one amazing birthday weekend for our amazing son! Jack we love you soooooo much and have had the best 12 months of our lives watching you grow. This was a celebration that we shall never forget. You have blessed everyone with smiles to last a lifetime. You are simply the best!

Photobucket

8 comments:

the clark family. said...

I have been waiting for this post! I have to also own up to looking at every single picture on Facebook. You put together one heck of a beautiful party!

I only hope I can pull off half of what you did! I'm so, SO impressed!

(Oh- and I totally copied Jack's crab pool with the balls. I flipped when I found it- we're going to set it up on Saturday!!)

Momma Wilson said...

WOW! You did an amazing job with the party theme. Everything turned out awesome!!! Where did you find the splash pad?

Mama K said...

Wow!! You went all out!! Looks like everything turned out great and the party was a success! Congrats :) Love the water bottles!!

Carl&JulieFamilySite said...

Nice job, Jess!! Everything looked perfect and Jackson looked like he was having a blast! I love his "after party outfit", too! You thought of everything!

You definitely need to start a business. You would have so much fun!

Jane said...

Amazing party Jess, simply amazing!!! Jack is one lucky little boy, he is so loved!

Becca said...

WOW!!!! You did a FANTASTIC job, woman! Way to go! Looks like an amazing party. What a fun celebration of your adorable boy!


& huge thumbs up on keeping that baby rear-facing after he's 1! ;)

Rainbow said...

What a fabulous party !!!! Love all the detail :)

Katie said...

You did such a good job!! I love all the nautical stuff. I am redecorating our playroom in a nautical theme. Where did you find all of it? k8tycoz at comcast dot net