Monday, September 2, 2013

Papa comes to visit

When we got the invitation to my childhood family friends wedding I knew we would be in store for a fun weekend! We were SO excited that Papa got to come down for the wedding and Jackson was all about his Papa for the weekend. We picked him up at the airport in the evening and headed straight to his favorite stop, Rudy's BBQ. I'm pretty sure my Dad would drink the sauce and eat BBQ all weekend if you let him! They just don't get it in Florida, so its on the list as a must do when he comes to Texas!
We got home later in the evening and everyone was tired. So we crashed and then got up bright and early to hit the road to Corpus Christi, Tx for Stephanie and Matt's wedding festivities.
 We arrived to the hotel on Friday afternoon. The boys checked into their room and headed straight for the pool. 

While my mom and I went over to the rehearsal dinner spot and started decorating! I think it turned out so cute and the rehearsal dinner was so fun, Jack of course took to his ipad, but whats a kid to do with so many adults and wedding talk :) He was SO good all weekend!
 


My dad and I with the Kuhles boys, who we just adore!





The next morning we all met up for breakfast and then decided to go check out the Texas State Aquarium with Jack. 
This was so cool that Jack got to touch the sting ray! My mom ended up buying him a little stingray plush animal, so we printed this picture of him and Papa and wrapped it all up for show and tell at his school! I love how we are always on the look out for show and tell. We have to do it once a week, so that's a lot of things to show and tell about :)
 
How cool that we got to see the shark swim right by us!
 
 
We saw two shows, the otter and dolphin show. The dolphin show was awesome!

After the aquarium we went back to our rooms and rested for a little while until the wedding.



We took a few pictures after the wedding and they have turned out to be some of the cutest pictures yet! I know my Dad is in love with this one, Jack looking up at him!

My godmother (Matt's mom) and the handsome groom Matt
It was such a beautiful and FUN wedding!


 

Dancing the night away, I think I was on the dance floor the ENTIRE night, my legs surely let me know that they next morning! Kevin is such an awesome Dad for letting us enjoy the night into the wee hours and taking Jack back to the hotel later that night. I really do have the best husband!!

 and I cant end this without saying big kisses to my parents!

While they may be divorced and remarried I can not thank them enough for remaining friends and providing such a beautiful example of respect and friendship.  They have made it so easy for us to raise our son with all of their grandparents involved and from the bottom of my heart I love you both and thank you so kindly for all that you do! It was such a fun weekend and I know Jackson loved having everyone there!
xoxo
Congrats to Matt and Stephanie!


No comments: