Friday, October 23, 2009

Love, cords and wool hats

Today's post is a little random but I can't help but feel amazing...great weather and a sweet little boy makes life pretty darn "cool" :) So here I go...

I cannot believe that Jack is going to be 4 months on Sunday! Where has the time gone? If you would have asked me at month 1 or 2 if I thought about cute clothes for my son I would have given you the evil look. All I wanted was sleep, and I could not have cared less about all the adorable clothes I had just spent the months prior shopping for. I remember crying to Kev, friends and family.... trying to figure out how to be a mom and what all this new emotion was. My dear friend Elizabeth along with others kept along my side telling me "I felt the exact same way, it gets better I promise...you get your sleep, that frustration turns into love, and everything falls into place...and guess what...that closet that you spent hours adoring over and now don't want to look at will be an excitement again"
Well I'm here to say it does and not only does it get better, it's WONDERFUL! Being a mom is so fulfilling. There is this love that you never even knew you had until you become someone's mommy.
So for all my friends out there that are about to have babies (Mandi, Sarah, Jenn) you may not believe me in a few weeks/months when I tell you what everyone else told me, that it does get better... just know that it does and you will have so much fun being a mom and enjoying everything about it!
xoxoxo

Ok now that I have just made myself sob at the lines above I need to make myself laugh....

Admittedly one of those joys is Jack's clothes..
Today we awoke to amazing fall weather and this means we get to put on the cords...


....and our wool hat!


I can't get enough of hats,
I'm thankful that our little cutie allows me to put them on him. Yes if you are clothes savvy those are Joes jeans... I don't even have a pair, and my son has two pairs! (Thanks Aunt Mandi!)
Hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful weather!




1 comment:

Carl&JulieFamilySite said...

Here, here! I know, those first few months are a killer. I remember when Christian was about 2 1/2 months old, and had yet to sleep through the night, I would be at the mall or whatever, and I'd watch people walk by and be so bitter, thinking to myself, "OMG, they got 8 hours of sleep last night, and the night before, and the night before that! I haven't slept through the night in almost 3 months, people!" Yeah, sleep deprivation sucks. But isn't it amazing when you emerge out the other side. Being a mommy is the most amazing thing in the world!